Places To Ride Your Horse
Guests can ride in the fields at the farm, and there is an excellent network of bridleways close by. Little Budworth Country Park is only a couple of miles away, and has many bridleways, across heathland and light forest.
The new Delamere Loop passes the end of the lane leading to Hill House Farm, this is a new 22 mile loop ride running partway along the Whitegate Way round in a circle, taking in Delamere Forest, Primrosehill Wood and Little Budworth Country Park. Whilst most of the route follows quiet country lanes and off-road trails it is occasionally necessary to cross busy roads. The route comprises some 12 miles of surfaced roads the rest of the route is ‘off-road’. The Delamere Loop can be joined at any point and is marked by blue and white fingerposts and waymark discs.
There are several very good commercial off-road rides in Cheshire – here’s a selection below.
- “The Gallops”, Tilston Lock
- Kelsall Hill Ride, Organsdale Farm, Winsford Road, Kelsall, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 0SR. Tel: 07989-351-177.
- Somerford Park Farm, Holmes Chapel Road, Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 4SW. Tel: 01260-299-888
- Mitchells Equestrian, Cholmondley, Malpas, Cheshire. 6 mile cross-country farm ride, with smaller jumps for fun riders. Full set of show jumps, floodlit arena, close to Cholmondeley Castle. Tel: 01829-720428. (Mob: 07808-062-838)
- Cheshire Riding School (Brookhouse Equestrian Centre), Cogshall Lane (off Senna Lane), Comberbach, Cheshire CW9 6BS. Tel: 01606-892111.
- Cheshire View Farm Ride Monneley Farm, Barthomley, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 5NU. Tel: Tel: 01270-583-325 (Mob: 07778-930-627) 8 miles of safe of-road riding, with over 80 optional jumps and water crossings, in over 400 acres of wonderful Cheshire countryside. Includes some shorter routes for novices and lead rein.