Booking Terms and Conditions for Self Catering Reservations – updated 24 June 2020
Welcome: Thank you for choosing to book with Hill House Farm. We look forward to welcoming you to our family farm. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking.
CANCELLATION COVER IS INCLUDED – MASTER CANCEL COVER
Available for new bookings – excludes re-arranged or voucher bookings*
RISK FREE BOOKINGS, CANCEL FOR ANY REASON BETWEEN 60 DAYS, UPTO AND INCLUDING 2 DAYS, BEFORE ARRIVAL
Up to now we have relied upon you the guest ensuring that you are covered by either your own travel insurance or by purchasing at extra cost the Booking Protect option.
Recent unprecedented events have shown us how many guests don’t take any steps to protect their holiday.
For this reason we have taken the decision to invest in Master Cancel – this is cover we pay for there is no additional charge to you the guest. It is only available for new bookings* and will give you peace of mind in these uncertain times. Applies to all bookings placed from 24th June 2020 for arrival after 1st August 2020.
CONTRACT: The contract for a short term holiday rental shall be made between Hill House Farm, referred to as ‘the Owners’, and the client, and will be entered into when Hill House Farm issues the confirmation, subject to all the following booking conditions. Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us by email.
1. RESERVATIONS: These will only be accepted on receipt of 25% deposit. The full balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to your stay (we’re sorry, but we can’t send reminders).
2. Where applicable, the date on which the final balance is required will be set out with the acknowledgement of reservation.
3. MINORS: No bookings can be accepted by those under 18 years of age.
4. Under no circumstances can the total number of persons exceed the number stated in the brochure for the cottage, unless written permission is obtained from the owners.
5. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning of the rental.
Hill House Farm reserve the right to charge the client for any breakages, damage or extra cleaning required of the property found on or after departure.
6. Should the owners be unable to reserve any of the accommodation requested then the deposit would be returned in full. In the extremely unlikely event of the owners cancellation of the booking, the owners liability will be limited to the immediate return in full of all monies paid. Should the owners have to alter a booking then the owners liability shall be limited to the offer of alternative accommodation of similar type and value or return of the deposit/monies paid.
7. CANCELLATION: Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason shall be in writing and addressed to the Mrs C Rayner, Hill House Farm, Rushton, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 9AU, or email email@example.com.
8. PERIOD OF HIRE: Rentals commence, unless otherwise agreed with the owners, at 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure. If Clients do not arrive by 12 noon on the day following commencement of booking and the owners have not received notification, the owners shall be entitled to re-let forthwith. If the property is not re-let the Client remains liable for the full hire charge.
9. DOGS: The owners will accept by prior arrangement and which must be paid for at time of booking. Dogs must be over 6 months of age and fully housetrained. They must be kept under control and on a lead unless in the dog exercise field. They must not be left unattended in the cottages at any time, unless agreed with the property owner.
10. AMENITIES: Use of all amenities where offered is entirely at the clients risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to guests belongings, cars or their contents.
11. BREACH OF CONTRACT / RIGHT OF ENTRY: If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the owners. The Owners shall be allowed the right to enter any property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
12. PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD. If payment for a booking is made by credit card over the telephone, the client is deemed to have read all the Booking Conditions and agrees to be bound to them.
13. The owners reserve the right to alter prices without prior notice
14. All incidental expenses must be paid in full either during your holiday or prior to departure.
15. Data: Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
16. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
CANCELLATION – IF PLANS CHANGE AT ANYTIME
You simply contact us initially by phone on 01829 732238 or 07973 284863 so we can talk over your options, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org please let us know as soon as you think you might need to cancel so that we have an opportunity to re-let the dates.
NEED TO CANCEL MORE THAN 60 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL?
That is possible and we will try to relet your dates OR you can change your dates
NEED TO CANCEL DAYS 60 TO 2 BEFORE ARRIVAL
We will refund your accommodation cost on the date of your original check in – you can cancel for any reason. So if you are due to arrive Saturday you can cancel up to the Thursday before.
No forms to fill in, no doctor’s notes or any evidence required, simply call us and we will ask for an email confirmation. You will be reimbursed on the arrival date of your original booking.
NEED TO CANCEL DAYS 2 TO 0 BEFORE ARRIVAL
Sorry if you cancel in this period there is no refund available, we may be able to re-let the dates for you so always call and we will see what we can do to help. It is rare that a guest cancels on the day of arrival or the day before but it has happened and we have sometimes managed to re-let the dates. Just to be clear to cancel a Friday arrival you need to cancel by the Wednesday before to qualify for a refund. In this example if you cancel Thursday or Friday there is no refund available.
DOES IT COST ME ANYTHING?
No there is no additional charge to you the guest, we are paying for the cost of this cover so that you can book with confidence.
MY ARRIVAL DATE IS AFTER 1ST AUGUST IS MY BOOKING COVERED?
*Master Cancel only applies to new bookings placed from 24th June 2020 for arrivals after 1st August 2020, this is a condition of the Master Cancel programme. Additionally if you have a booking re-arranged or your dates have been re-arranged due to Covid 19 that booking will not qualify for Master Cancel because your original booking date was prior to us being accepted into the Master Cancel scheme.
If you placed your booking before 24th June 2020 &/or moved your booking because of Covid 19 your booking it is not eligible for Master Cancel and our old cancellation terms apply – see your original booking
We look forward to welcoming you.
Copyright © 2020, Catherine Rayner. All rights reserved.