Booking Terms and Conditions for Self Catering Reservations
Booking Terms and Conditions for Self Catering Reservations
Welcome: Thank you for choosing to book with Hill House Farm. We look forward to welcoming you to our family farm. When you make this booking, you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking.
CONTRACT: The contract for a short term holiday rental shall be made between Hill House Farm, referred to as ‘the Owners’, and the client, and will be entered into when Hill House Farm issues the confirmation, subject to all the following booking conditions. Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us by email.
1. RESERVATIONS: These will only be accepted on receipt of 25% deposit. The full balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to your stay.
Where applicable, the date on which the final balance is required will be set out with the acknowledgement of reservation.
NORMAL CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your booking for ANY REASON, a full refund will be made as long as you make the cancellation outside 28 days of the start of the holiday. i.e. If you arrival day is on a Friday the cancellation must be received before midnight on the Thursday four weeks prior to your arrival.
a/ If your booking has to be cancelled because Hill House Farm is put under Government Restrictions and has to close, and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
b/ In the event that Your given address is put into Local/Regional Lockdown, rendering You unable to travel, and the period of restriction covers your booking You will be refunded in full.
c/ If your booking has to be cancelled because Hill House Farm has to close through Force Majeure, meaning any of the following circumstances which may hinder or prevent the performance by us of the Contract, including but not limited to: (a) acts of God, flood, drought, earthquake or other natural disaster; (b) epidemic or pandemic; (c) terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, or breaking off of diplomatic relations; (d) nuclear, chemical or biological contamination or sonic boom; (e) any law or any action taken by a government or public authority, including without limitation imposing a restriction, prohibition, or failing to grant a necessary license or consent; (f) collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; (g) non-performance by our suppliers or contractors; and (i) failure of utility service, and the period of closure covers Your booking You will be refunded in full.
d/ Customer inability (or the inability of any, some or all of Your intended party) or disinclination to travel to and stay at Hill House Farm for any reason.
This includes – but is not limited to – illness (including Covid), a requirement or recommendation to self-isolate or quarantine, shielding, a call to jury duty, military service, incarceration, change in personal or work circumstances, family emergencies, travel delays, vehicle breakdown, and delays with public transport. These remain at Your risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel or to receive a refund unless we re-let the property. If we can re-let the property money will be refunded less an admin charge of £50.
You are strongly recommended to take out UK travel insurance to cover these eventualities. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Cancellations must be notified to Hill House Farm by phone and email to the Mrs C Rayner, Hill House Farm, Rushton, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 9AU, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. and once received in writing we will confirm the cancellation request.
3. MINORS: No bookings can be accepted by those under 18 years of age.
4. NUMBER OF GUESTS STAYING: Under no circumstances can the total number of persons exceed the number stated in the information for the cottage, unless written permission is obtained from the owners.
5. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning of the rental.
Hill House Farm reserve the right to charge the client for any breakages, damage or extra cleaning required of the property found on or after departure.
6. Should the owners be unable to reserve any of the accommodation requested then the deposit would be returned in full. In the extremely unlikely event of the owners cancellation of the booking, the owners liability will be limited to the immediate return in full of all monies paid. Should the owners have to alter a booking then the owners liability shall be limited to the offer of alternative accommodation of similar type and value or return of the deposit/monies paid.
8. PERIOD OF HIRE: Rentals commence, unless otherwise agreed with the owners, at 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure. If Clients do not arrive by 12 noon on the day following commencement of booking and the owners have not received notification, the owners shall be entitled to re-let forthwith. If the property is not re-let the Client remains liable for the full hire charge.
9. DOGS: The owners will accept by prior arrangement and which must be paid for at time of booking. Dogs must be over 6 months of age and fully housetrained. They must be kept under control and on a lead unless in the dog exercise field. They must not be left unattended in the cottages at any time, unless agreed with the property owner. Owners are liable for any damage caused by their dog and will pay to repair or replace any damaged property.
10. Guests with allergies should be aware that the Owner cannot guarantee that there have been no dogs at the Selected Property, nor does the Owner accept any liability for any suffering which may occur as a result of such pets having been present.
11. AMENITIES: Use of all amenities where offered is entirely at the clients risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to guests belongings, cars or their contents.
12. BREACH OF CONTRACT / RIGHT OF ENTRY: If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the owners. The Owners shall be allowed the right to enter any property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD. If payment for a booking is made by credit card over the telephone, the client is deemed to have read all the Booking Conditions and agrees to be bound to them.
14. The owners reserve the right to alter prices without prior notice
15. All incidental expenses must be paid in full either during your holiday or prior to departure.
16. Data: Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
17. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
18. Location—Properties in rural locations can experience some animal noises and occasionally noise from grass cutting or other farm machinery or activities. Flora & Fauna—in rural areas, insects and other creatures are fairly common and not necessarily an indication of poor housekeeping standards. Whilst preventative action is always taken, these creatures can never by eradicated completely.
19. Complaints—The Owner and housekeepers aim to ensure you have an enjoyable and comfortable stay. Unfortunately, things sometimes can go wrong while on holiday but these situations are always best re- solved at the time. In the event of a problem, you should contact the Owner/housekeeper immediately to allow remedial action to be taken. However, please note any complaints raised after your holiday will not result in any form of compensation.
20. Guest Damage—You should report accidental damage or breakage if and when it happens. Repairs or replacement items can then be arranged in advance of the arrival of the next guests.
21. Withdrawal of Facilities—We reserve the right to alter or withdraw amenities or facilities or any activities without prior notice; where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and circumstances beyond our control.
22. EV Charging Policy – Regretfully we are not able to offer charging of your electric vehicle at Hill House Farm until we have installed proper charging points (planned for the Autumn of 2023).
This is because:
13 Amp sockets must have one of the following:
• an earth rod mesh
• an earth rod network
• or an earth rod that has an extremely low impedance
And they need to meet the following requirements:
• They must not be connected to the PME (Protected Multiple Earthing) system that will be in place in most properties
• They must have a voltage of less than 70V rms between the vehicle and the ground.
• There must be a specific type of socket that allows the full 13A to be drawn with no damage, perhaps over a prolonged period of time, (so not a standard 13-amp socket and one that has EV stamped on the back).
• You should never use a standard 13-amp socket as they are not rated for EV Charging.
• This socket must be marked as an EV socket.
• Each EV connection must have its own RCD-DD device which would disconnect the live, neutral and earth conductors from the vehicle in the event of a fault.
Without such safety protocols being in place the body of the car could become live at any point, a normal 13A socket could catch fire, especially if that socket is close to a window and is in proximity to soft furnishings or curtains.
23. Logs for Log Burners in Chirk Cottage and The Country Lodge – One bag of logs is provided for your arrival, further bags of logs with some firelighters can be purchased from us at the cost of £6 per bag or can be bought from local stores, garages and Tarporley Garden Centre. The Haystack Lodge DOES NOT have a log burner.
Please note: The Owner reserves the right to update Booking Conditions from time to time. Any updates to the terms printed here will be reflected on our Website and included in the Contract that you receive.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Copyright © 2023, Catherine Rayner. All rights reserved.