Booking Terms and Conditions for Self Catering Reservations – updated 8th January 2021
Welcome: Thank you for choosing to book with Hill House Farm. We look forward to welcoming you to our family farm. When you make this booking you are entering an agreement with us. Please read our terms and conditions of booking
CONTRACT: The contract for a short term holiday rental shall be made between Hill House Farm, referred to as ‘the Owners’, and the client, and will be entered into when Hill House Farm issues the confirmation, subject to all the following booking conditions. Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us by email.
1. RESERVATIONS: These will only be accepted on receipt of 25% deposit. The full balance must be paid at least 30 days prior to your stay (we’re sorry, but we can’t send reminders).
2. NORMAL CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel your booking for ANY REASON, a full refund will be made as long as you make the cancellation outside 14 days of the start of the holiday. i.e. If you arrival day is on a Friday the cancellation must be received before midnight on the Thursday two weeks prior to your arrival.
3. COVID 19 CANCELLATION POLICY: If your cancellation is caused by Government movement restrictions which , i.e. Lockdown or a change in Tier Restrictions from when the booking was made, then a full refund, a change of date or a credit towards another holiday will be made right up until the start of your holiday.
Should members of your party have to self-isolate, contract symptoms of, or test positive for Covid 19 they should consult their own travel insurance. If you choose not to take out UK travel insurance, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Any cancellation made by the guest, for whatever reason, shall be in writing and addressed to:
Mrs C Rayner, Hill House Farm, Rushton, Tarporley, Cheshire, CW6 9AU,
or email email@example.com.
3. MINORS: No bookings can be accepted by those under 18 years of age.
4. Under no circumstances can the total number of persons exceed the number stated in the brochure for the cottage, unless written permission is obtained from the owners.
5. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning of the rental.
Hill House Farm reserve the right to charge the client for any breakages, damage or extra cleaning required of the property found on or after departure.
6. Should the owners be unable to reserve any of the accommodation requested then the deposit would be returned in full. In the extremely unlikely event of the owners cancellation of the booking, the owners liability will be limited to the immediate return in full of all monies paid. Should the owners have to alter a booking then the owners liability shall be limited to the offer of alternative accommodation of similar type and value or return of the deposit/monies paid.
8. PERIOD OF HIRE: Rentals commence, unless otherwise agreed with the owners, at 4.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00 am on the day of departure. If Clients do not arrive by 12 noon on the day following commencement of booking and the owners have not received notification, the owners shall be entitled to re-let forthwith. If the property is not re-let the Client remains liable for the full hire charge.
9. DOGS: The owners will accept by prior arrangement and which must be paid for at time of booking. Dogs must be over 6 months of age and fully housetrained. They must be kept under control and on a lead unless in the dog exercise field. They must not be left unattended in the cottages at any time, unless agreed with the property owner.
10. AMENITIES: Use of all amenities where offered is entirely at the clients risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to guests belongings, cars or their contents.
11. BREACH OF CONTRACT / RIGHT OF ENTRY: If there shall be a breach of any of these conditions, the Owners reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the owners. The Owners shall be allowed the right to enter any property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
12. PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD. If payment for a booking is made by credit card over the telephone, the client is deemed to have read all the Booking Conditions and agrees to be bound to them.
13. The owners reserve the right to alter prices without prior notice
14. All incidental expenses must be paid in full either during your holiday or prior to departure.
15. Data: Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
16. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email.
No-one wants to pay for a holiday they cannot take, so please do insure. It is worth getting insurance for unexpected events, you may even be covered by an add on with your bank account. Insurance is an inexpensive safeguard against holiday cancellation.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Copyright © 2021, Catherine Rayner. All rights reserved.